In order to support the college community with their travel and to respond appropriately in an emergency, the college has partnered with International SOS to provide a service, MyTrips, that allows for the college in real-time to assess if anyone traveling on behalf of the college is impacted by a global event or natural disaster.
The MyTrips service requires an initial registration but then only requires an electronic travel itinerary to be forwarded via email to register future travel. Please note that the email address used to register with MyTrips must be the same as the email address from which you forward the itinerary in order for emailed itineraries to be registered in the system.
Before your next trip please take the following steps:
- Register with International SOS’ MyTrips tool by clicking on this link: https://MyTrips.travelsecurity.com/Login.aspx?ci=%2bzMy1DofCok%3d
- Create a user account by clicking on the New user link. Be sure to use your Williams email address when registering.
- Once you create your account, log in to MyTrips and fill out your profile details. Provide your personal email address and phone numbers, so that we can reach you during an emergency situation.
- After setting up your profile, you can start forwarding your trip confirmation, without making any changes, directly to [email protected]. Please be sure to forward it from your Williams email address. If the confirmation was sent to your personal email address, forward it to your school email address, and from there to the above inbox, so that it associates the trip with your MyTrips profile. Do not make any changes to the confirmation email itself.
Things you should note:
- The language setting for the confirmation email is in English. Other languages are available on a case-by-case basis, upon request.
- Only flight, hotel, and car rental bookings can be forwarded to the mailbox. Train bookings are not supported at this time.
- You should forward the original confirmation email without making any changes to the email. If you change the original email content or format, the trip details will not get processed. As an example, if you receive two separate confirmation emails for two different trips, you should forward each original confirmation email to the mailbox separately.
- If the confirmation email includes a PDF document, please include the PDF document when forwarding the confirmation email.
- Whenever you forward an itinerary confirmation email to the mailbox, you will receive an automated email from MyTrips with the processing status. You can always log in to your MyTrips account to view or edit the trip details. The trips will be labeled as “Forwarded Itinerary”.
- If you make a change to the itinerary, please forward the latest version of the itinerary confirmation email to the mailbox.
- If you cancel your trip, please log in to MyTrips and remove the trip from the trip list.
Provided is a video tutorial on My Trips if additional information is needed: https://vimeo.com/479901449/265b4a0d7c
Once travel is registered with MyTrips, you will receive regular updates via email for your travel destination to include information about upcoming events as well as medical advisories and areas of concern. In addition, you will be provided with the specific contact information for International SOS during your travels should you need support in the event of an emergency.